This seminar reviews the major effects that property transactions have on VAT, and it clearly illustrates the procedures and controls to be implemented to comply with the requirements. It demonstrates when particular property transactions should be treated as exempt and when they should be zero-rated, reduced-rated or standard-rated. It will also highlight for you the many pitfalls that can be avoided if proper consideration is given to the VAT implications before you commit your organisation to a contract that involves property transactions.
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- An exclusive eBook 'Land and Buildings'
- A Certificate of Attendance
What Will You Learn?
- What is a supply of land for VAT purposes?
- When can sales of buildings be zero-rated?
- When must supplies of land be standard-rated?
- What happens if the sale of a building was zero-rated and its use later changes?
- Should landlords account for VAT on supplies to tenants?
- What is an option to tax and how do we submit one?
- How do the partial exemption rules affect property businesses?
- How is property treated if it forms part of a transfer of a going concern?
- What are the rules for property developers and those working in the construction industry?
- Which supplies in the construction industry should be Standard-rated? Reduced-rated? Zero-rated?
For details of other VAT seminars please click here.
Les is a VAT consultant and trainer who works with numerous businesses providing VAT solutions and support. His vast experience enables him to help people with many aspects of VAT.