Corporation Tax is a complex area of taxation and without a proper appreciation of the rules, it is easy for costly mistakes to occur. This full-day course will help you understand the rules and equip you with the skills and confidence required to apply them correctly – ultimately ensuring your company does not overpay Corporation Tax. It will examine all the key aspects of the Corporation Tax System and clearly illustrate how to perform the calculation of the Corporation Tax payable. It will describe the procedural requirements that need to be in place to ensure that filing deadlines are met and payments are made on time so that you reduce the risk of HMRC levying unwanted penalties and charging interest.
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- A Certificate of Attendance
Classroom: 09:30 - 17:00
What Will You Learn?
- What is a company for Corporation Tax purposes?
- What are company accounting periods?
- How do I compute Corporation tax profits?
- How is the tax liability calculated?
- What are capital allowances and how are they treated?
- How do I treat capital gains?
- How do I deal with losses?
- How do I deal with intangibles?
- Groups and loss relief
- What are marginal rates of Corporation tax?
- How do I deal with associated companies?
- How do I deal with close companies?
- Which expenses are allowable for purposes of Corporation Tax?
- What is the difference between capital and revenue expenditure?
- What are loan relationships and how do I deal with loan interest?
- How do I deal with rental income?
- The impact of Research and Development tax credits on the return
- How do I deal with dormant companies?
- The Corporation Tax Return, filing requirements, and making payment
- How do I comply with filing requirements?
- Avoiding Penalties and Interest Charges.
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and he has his own accountancy practice. With his vast knowledge and experience he can readily help people resolve Tax, Accounting, VAT and Company Administration issues.