Board Meetings are an essential part of the governance of many organisations and the importance of the role of the company secretary during these meetings cannot be underestimated. There are many best practices a company secretary should apply in order to maximise his/her effectiveness in the boardroom. This course will guide you through everything you need to know in order to succeed in this challenging environment.
The presenter has worked within boardrooms for many years and has personally supported over 400 meetings. She will use this vast experience and practical real-life understanding throughout the day to help you confidently develop your own skills in the board room.
The Course Covers:
- Preparing for meetings
- The purpose and importance of minutes
- Time-saving tips for effective and accurate minutes
- Your role as adviser
- Formal resolutions
- Supporting committees
- Dealing with issues and disputes in the boardroom
- Your relationship with the Chairman
- How to handle poor chairmanship of the meeting
- Helping the board make decisions
- How to handle informal meetings
- Managing post meeting actions
- Approval and storage of minutes
- Technology and tools to aid Board support
About the Presenter:
Peter Van Duzer
Peter is an expert in company compliance issues who has advised the boards of some of the largest companies in the UK. He is an authoritative speaker on many issues that affect companies and their directors. He has been able to help organisations of many different shapes and sizes.
- Each attendee receives a useful book full of tips and strategies that can be applied in your own workplace.
- A Certificate of Attendance
09:30 - 17:00