The importance of minute taking should not be underestimated. Having a clear, concise and accurate record of the meeting ensures that the correct actions are taken after the meeting and allows key business decisions to be made. It is therefore absolutely vital that the person given the responsibility of producing the minutes has the skills and understanding required to effectively and efficiently carry out the task.
This interactive full-day course will clearly explain what you need to do before, during and after the meeting to ensure your minutes are a success. During the day our expert presenter will use his own vast experience and a number of practical interactive exercises to help you develop a toolkit of skills to take back to the office. He will guide you through the best methods and techniques to use in order to confidently produce a professional set of minutes that are invaluable to the meeting’s participants.
- Each attendee receives a useful book full of tips and strategies that can be applied in your own workplace.
- A Certificate of Attendance
09:30 - 17:00
The Course Covers:
- The purpose of minutes and why they are important
- How to properly prepare for the meeting
- How to effectively work with the chair
- How to produce a structured agenda, an action log and other documents for the meeting
- The best techniques for taking notes in an efficient way during the meeting
- How to capture the real essence of the meeting in your minutes
- How to improve your active listening skills
- How to process and filter discussions at the meeting and determine which is the important information to record
- Key words and phrases to use in your minutes
- How to produce a set of minutes in a clear and professional manner
- How to implement an efficient approval process for your minutes
Who should attend?
Anyone who has responsibility for taking the minutes at meetings. You will benefit whether you are an experienced minute taker or new to the role.
About the Presenter:
Philip delivers a wide range of management workshops and training programmes to a variety of audiences, both nationally and internationally. His training style is highly interactive enabling the participants to extract the best outcomes from the course.
Philip is one of the authors of ‘Effective Minute Taking’ which is published by the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.